Saturday, June 4, 2011

Where does the time go?

I'm getting nothing done. It's a kid thing. Today - time trials for swim team and a soccer game - all in 90 degree plus heat with humidity off the charts. I collapsed this afternoon.

Tonight, I get to go pick up the 13 year-old and her friends from a movie. Where does the time go?

Some fab new books arrive about the 1920s, so some of my time is spent reading - ahem, researching. I am learning more than I ever wanted to know about The Stork Club (it started life as a speakeasy), loose morals, hemlines, the difference between auction and contract bridge, the growing popularity of golf and why cocktails became popular (syrups covered the taste of cheap booze).

Good stuff to know but it doesn't advance the word count of the WIP....yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment